This was made one night when my sister called me on facetime from her home in Sherman Oaks. She had a bottle of wine open, and was starting to cook food from her CSA box. I started guiding her, and this is what happened.
- 2 tbsp red palm oil, untoasted sesame oil, or bone broth fat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 inch or two minced ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 cup dry lentils, soaked overnight
- 2C of coconut milk (plus broth or water if needed to cover)
- green beans, red bell pepper, broccoli (or whatever veggies you like)
Heat oil over medium high heat, and add onion, carrot, and saute until soft, about 5-7 min.
add garlic, ginger and tumeric, sautee another 2 minutes
add spices and stir till fragrant and brown. 1-2 minutes
Stir in potatoes, and dry lentils
Add coconut milk, plus more liquid to cover if needed.
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 mins until lentils are cooked
Add green beans, red bell pepper, broccoli (or whatever veggies to your liking)
Salt to taste, (chili flakes are my jam)
Garnish with cilantro and lime if interested
Will taste even better tomorrow
Made by Erica and her pantry, Guided by Jennifer…On Facetime (sponsored by Drakes 1500 and Red Wine…