I’ve started drinking this as a bedtime tea, but it’s great all day. The coconut milk, flax oil and black pepper are added to improve absorption of the turmeric.
Be careful to get organic ginger and tumeric. The conventional is sprayed with a bunch of chemicals. And make your own coconut milk.
- 2 inch piece of Ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 inch piece of Tumeric, peeled and grated
- Black Pepper
- 1tsp Flax Oil or 1/2 C Coconut Milk…or both
- 2.5 C water
- Using a microplane grater, grate tumeric and ginger into a saucepan
- Add coconut milk
- Grind some black pepper, a few turns
- Boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Add flax oil and whisk
- Drink it up!